estimate child support, free legal templates, pro se legal help, child support lawyers, free printable legal forms

estimate child support, free legal document template, your city lawyer
free printable legal forms, free downloadable legal forms, find legal forms

Child Support Issues: decrease in pay and less visitation?

by Juila Porter

I'm a NCP and I have been order by the court to get my child every weekend and pay 350 in CS. But, I havent been able to. I work 10 hours shifts 5-6 days a week and get off at 8pm and dont have anyone to pick my child up or watch her while im at work. The mother dosnt seem to care that i havnt been getting her aslong as she gets the cs she fine. We have both rencently move and im about an hour away.I cant afford the gas, and im barely paying my bills my income has decrease by $1000-1500. Im afraid that if i file a motion to have the child support decrease that she will mention that i dont get my daughter. what can i do? will she also get in trouble? can i tell the court that i would be able to get her every other weekend so i wont be inviolation of the court order?

Here's the thing. Child support is "Support for the child". It's not a bartering tool. If you are unable (for whatever reason) to pick up your child every weekend (as ordered), that is not grounds for decreasing child support. If anything, you are providing less time/care for the child and may be ordered to pay more since the custodial parent is caring for/paying for the child during "your" ordered time.

Now, if your pay has decreased significantly, then that is a different matter. That fact can be presented to the court and evaluated if you think it is substantial grounds for decreasing the amount of support you are able to pay towards the care of your child.

Additionally, if you end up paying less support because you truly don't have the means, that is not grounds for less visitation with your child. You are not "paying so that you can see your child".

Both parents should pay all they can towards adequate care of their child. Both parents should do all they can to spend quality time with their child.

There will always be a shortage of time and usually a shortage of money. Only when each parent can truly say (and feel) that they "are doing the best they possibly can toward the upbringing of their child", rather than participating in the "battle of the ex's" - that's when you have a satisifactory arrangement. Work towards that.

Comments for Child Support Issues: decrease in pay and less visitation?

Click here to add your own comments

Child Support - In Contempt or not
by: julian porter

I get paid off commission sales havnt been good for a few months now. Im bringing in $800-900 max.

From what use to be $2100-3000 Would I be better off just getting another job where im making more money than what im getting paid now, but working less hours? then I could get her has ordered.

If the mother bring up the fact that i dont get as often as i should (which I know she will)will I be held incontempt for violating the court order?(my main concern) she will also try to make it seem like I left my job to pay less which isnt the fact.

She dosnt work even though she's able to she has grauduated from college but would rather recieve the CS and government assistance.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Share Your Story.

state specific forms, legal documents by state

legal letter template, sample legal letters

child-support-lawyers, free child support calculator

DUI, DWI, OUI, drunk driving, best DUI lawyers

fix speeding ticket, beat speeding ticket, SIS, MIP, best traffic lawyers

XML RSSFollow Legal Self Help

follow us in feedly
Add to My Yahoo!
Add to My MSN
Subscribe with Bloglines

Bookmark and Share



Our FREE Legal Forms Legal Forms By State Sample Legal Letters Top 20 Legal Forms


Spanish Legal Forms Canadian Legal Forms UK British Legal Forms Australian Forms Scottish Legal Forms New Zealand Forms Legal Forms India


Prenuptial Agreement Marriage Certificates Cohabitation Partners Change Your Name Legal Separation Filing For Divorce Child Power of Attny Child Support Laws Child Support Lawyers Internet Child Safety Domestic Violence Assault and Battery Hidden Marital Assets


DUI Consequences DUI Fines/Penalties Best DUI Lawyers DUI DWI Classes Field Sobriety Tests DWI DUI Video Alcohol Calculator Minor In Possession MIP Expungement SR22 Insurance SIS / SES


Speeding Ticket FAQ Camera Issued Tickets Speed Trap Locations Suspended License Hardship License Reckless Driving Hit and Run


Bankruptcy Chapt 7 Bankrupcy Chapt 13 Credit Card Interest Credit Repair Loan Modification Financial Resources Identity Theft


Employment Apps Vacation Rental Forms Promissory Note Car Bill of Sale Our Home Business Incorporate Easily


Medical Malpractice Wrongful Death Slip and Fall Personal Injury Nursing Home Abuse Defective Medicine Defective Products Assault and Battery Mesothelioma Worker's Comp


Last Will Living Will Quitclaim Deed Power Of Attorney Revoke POA Elder Abuse


Legal Self Help Tips Legal Self Help Blog Find People Legal Self Help Books Self Defense Cases Men's Legal Resources Women's Resources Minor's Resources


Lawyer Jokes World's Best DUI Video Deal Or No Deal Wierd Kansas Laws Wierd Missouri Laws

Enjoy This Site?
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite bookmarking service?

| Homepage | Contact Us | Link To Us | Privacy | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Disclosure |

Click Just Below For Easy "Copy and Paste" Link!

The choice of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.
The information on this website is in no way a substitute for specific, directed advice from a lawyer. Read Disclaimer

Return to top

Copyright© The Kansas City Lawyer