COST OF MOVING CALCULATOR AND FREE MOVING QUOTES
What will it cost you to move from point A to point B?
Here's the easiest way to estimate your moving costs. Call about 3 or 4 moving companies and get free quotes and estimates from licensed movers.
That's a good place to start estimating the cost of a move and it doesn't cost you a thing.
After you get your free estimates from movers, here are a few items to complete your cost of moving calculator or estimates:
1. Pay attention to what the quotes do and do not include. That way you can make realistic comparisons based on price.
2. If you're considering moving yourself, estimate the size of truck or trailer you'll need. Then make a list of any extra equipment you may need such as a dolly for appliances, furniture pads, tow bars, rental cars and packing materials. Call a truck rental company and ask for prices.
3. How much will labor cost to help you pack and load if you don't want to or can't do it yourself?
4. What would you estimate the costs of moving your family members to your new home? And, don't forget to add food, lodging, and other expenses if the move will take more than a day.
5. How about temporary storage? Will you need to rent a storage unit short or long term?
6. How about utilities, cable, internet, and so on. There may be fees to disconnect, change, and/or connect utilities and insurance.
7. Boxes and packing materials. Remember when we used to go to the grocery store to grab a few moving boxes? It's not so easy anymore, as they're often broken down and crushed or recycled right away.
Getting solid boxes online is simple and inexpensive. They arrive at your door in a variety of sizes ready to use. Having the right packing materials avoids disappointment at your new home from items broken along the way.
Cost Of Moving Calculator: Keep In Mind ...1. When getting moving estimates, find out whether the estimate is a binding (a final price) or nonbinding price (meaning other charges are possible). Also be sure it is stated precisly what services will be performed for that price.
2. Consider asking your current or new employer to help with moving costs. They may not bring it up if you don't ask.
3. Truck rental companies estimate that you can save 50 percent or more by renting a truck and driving the moving truck yourself. You just have to decide if the extra work and responsibility is worth it. If all goes well, sometimes it is. But when things go wrong, you're often left "kicking yourself" for trying to "do it yourself". How much is that worth?
4. How about a compromise? Consider just packing everything yourself and letting the professional movers do the rest. You don't know how much these services really cost - or save you until you get estimates.
5. If you use inferior materials and/or equipment in your move, broken treasures may end up costing you more than the movers or protective packing would have.
Here's A Great Video On Packing For A Move
A cost of moving calculator takes into consideration many factors. Every person's move is different in some way. Sometimes you can cut a few corners and get away with it, and sometimes not.
Even at its' best, moving is one of life's major stressors. My advice after a long life including many moves: Make it as easy on yourself as you are financially able to. Plan well. Get it in writing. Order out. Try to have fun.
Got A Moving Tip?
Do You Have A Story You Could Share?
If you've got story to tell about a legal challenge you've faced, please take a minute to share it. I'm sure that there's someone it could help in some way.
INTERNATIONAL FORMS & LETTERS
DUI DWI OUI
LEGAL SELF HELP
Enjoy This Site?
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite bookmarking service?
| Homepage | Contact Us | Link To Us | Privacy | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Disclosure |
Click Just Below For Easy "Copy and Paste" Link!
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements.