NURSING HOME INJURY
Common Deviations From The Standard Of Care
DEVIATIONS FROM THE STANDARD OF CARE
Nursing home injury often results from deviations from the accepted standard of care. Legal action is most frequently
sought for the following causes of injuries sustained in a nursing home:
- Failure to prevent the development of decubitus ulcers
- Failure to train the staff properly
- Failure to supervise staff
- Failure to terminate an employee with a known propensity to commit a negligent act
- Failure to notify the family of conditions affecting a resident
- Failure to promptly transfer the resident to a hospital
- Improper use of medications
- Failure to recognize the side effects of medications
- Failure to prevent injuries
- Failure to have sufficient staff to meet the needs of residents
- Failure to prevent falls
- Abuse; sexual, physical, verbal, or mental
- Failure to prevent a resident with a history of abusive behavior from injuring other residents
- Violations of OBRA (Omnibus Reconciliation Act)
Do YOU have a Nursing Home Injury Story?
Do you think you have a legal claim regarding a nursing home injury or negligence?
If you or your loved one has suffered Nursing Home Abuse or Injury,
it is important to contact a
lawyer immediately. An investigation needs to get underway as soon as possible so the lawyer can evaluate the injury and
the evidence to determine who is responsible.
Additionally, you or your loved one may be entitled to punitive damages.
Punitive damages are awarded over and above what will compensate an injured person for medical expenses and pain and
suffering. Punitive damages are a punishment for outrageous conduct.
It's also important to contact a lawyer as soon as
possible because the statute of limitations requires that a negligence case, including a medical mistake case, generally be filed
within two years from the date of the injury.
If you are involved in a nursing home injury case and are considering taking legal action, consider
getting a Free case analysis from a legal nurse consultant. Read Why
PROFESSIONAL SPOTLIGHT ON:
Defective MedicineDefective ProductsPersonal InjuryMedical Malpractice Workers Compensation Disability Claims
Friendly ServiceFree Consultation
BUKATY LAW OFFICES, P.A.
Call and speak to an attorney about your case today!
OR, Click Here to tell us about your injury.
Any Words of Wisdom Related to Nursing Home Injuries?
Do You Have A Story You Could Share?
If you've got story to tell about a legal challenge you've faced, please take a minute to share it. I'm sure that there's someone it could help in some way.
Return to Home Page from Nursing Home Injury