PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT LAWYER?
Whether or not you need a prenuptial agreement lawyer depends on many factors. How simple, or how complex will your agreement
be? Are all persons involved in agreement with the plan? Will you be needing a professional to mediate or help negotiate?
Do We Really Need One?
all, a prenuptial agreement is somewhat like a divorce - in advance!
Whatever you do, do it right. If you ever need to use this prenuptial agreement (and there's about a 50/50 chance you will), you'll be grateful that you did it correctly.
If a couple has excellent communication and a good plan, a do-it-yourself prenup may work just fine for you.
If not, go the safer
route and hire a prenuptial agreement lawyer; or two.
If you're looking for a Professional complete set of STATE SPECIFIC Prenuptial forms, for less than $20 (And well worth it!).
Skip down to Premarital Resources
Got engagement pics or a story?
Couples That Should Be Most Interested
In Prenuptial Agreements
- Middle-aged couples with children from a prior marriage
- Couples with substantial assets
- Couples that may accumulate assets during their marriage
- Couples with substantial liabilities
- Couples that may accumulate liabilities
- Couples giving up a job or "way of life" to marry
- Couples who want peace of mind
Few couples marry thinking they will ever divorce, so why consider a prenuptial agreement lawyer? Statistically, one-half of these unsuspecting couples will end their marriage.
While prenuptial agreements became popular in the 1980s, there's still a misconception that unless you're a jet-setting celebrity dealing with millions of dollars in assets,
there's no need for such an agreement. All couples need to talk about money issues.
afraid this subject will be too tough on you as a couple - you'd better take another look
at your relationship! This is unlikely to be the toughest obstacle the two of you will face.
Our Top 2 Sets of Pre-Wedding Marital Contracts
Once you jump the hurdle of broaching the idea,
the next thing the two of you should do is to make a list of what you want to accomplish with your contract.
Don't attempt to make it sound legal; just outline what you feel is important.
Consider The Following Points
- In the event of a divorce, who will pay the bills?
- How will assets be divided?
- How much (if any) spousal support will be given, and for how long?
- What will happen if one of us dies?
- Are there any "extras" we want to include for our own mental comfort?
State laws vary. There's no sense in having a prenup if it doesn't hold water when needed. Save yourself by at least
consulting a family law lawyer. Most offer a free initial consultation and that's hard to pass up.
No matter what you decide to do about your prenuptial agreement, don't forget that it's ultimately for
your own and your future spouse's peace of mind -- and it should do nothing but good for your future together.
Premarital, Postmarital, and Cohabitation Agreements State By State:
Planning A Wedding? Prevent Disputes With Your Wedding Vendors:
Customizable Free Marriage Certificates:
- Marriage Certificate Template #1: Contemporary, decorative, download, customize, print.
- Marriage Certificate Template #2: Download, customize, print. Official license appearance.
- Blank Marriage Certificate Template #3: Red heart border, download and print.
- Free Marriage Certificate Template #4: Decorative yellow floral, download and print.
- Certificate of Commitment wording: Contemporary, gold design, download and print.
- Certificate of Matrimony wording: Simple design. Download and print.
- Renewal of Wedding Vows Certificate: Blue doves, download and print.
More Relationship Resources:
Got Engagement, Wedding Pics - Or A Story?
Do You Have Wedding Pictures or a story?
We'd love to see your wedding pictures. Maybe you've got a story to share. You might just "make someone's day".
Return to Home Page from Prenuptial Agreement Lawyer