Virginia Child Support Calculator
And Online Resources
The state of Virginia may order either parent to pay support based on the following Virginia child support calculator guidelines:
- Financial resources of the child
- The standard of living the child would have enjoyed if the marriage had not ended
- Physical, emotional and educational needs of the child
- Earning power of each parent
- Age and health of the child
- How the marital property was divided
- Both the monetary and non-monetary contributions each parent makes to the family's well being
- Education of the parents and their ability to secure education and training
- Tax consequences
- Special medical, dental or child care expenses
- Financial resources, needs and obligations of each parent
Skip Down To Virginia Child Support Calculator
Virginia does not require an accounting of how child support money is spent. There are official Virginia Child Support
guidelines which are designed to be in the best interests of the child.
These guidelines are followed unless the
parents have agreed to a child support amount that at
least equals the amount in the guidelines, or the courts determine the guidelines are unjust for a particular case
based on relevant evidence.
At what age do child support payments end?
The Virginia child support obligation can be expected to end when the child reaches 18 years of age or the child
graduates from high school, whichever occurs later.
A child will also automatically be ineligible for child support if that child marries, is removed from disability status by a court order, or the child dies.
Virginia Child Support Worksheet
Virginia Department of Social Services
801 E. Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219-2901
Customer Care (800) 468-8894
Child Support Resource Center
Return to Main Child Support page from Virginia Child Support Calculator